NATIONAL CADETS CORPS TRAINING FOR STUDENTS
Oak Valley School has enforced NCC training for students of secondary school since 2023. The selection of students into Junior wing for the academic year 2023-24 took place in the school premises on 20-04-2023 by the SM (Subedar Major) along with his team of NCC officers.
- Should be a citizen of India.
- Bearing good moral character.
- Enrolled in an educational institution.
- Meets the prescribed medical standards.
Objective of NCC training:
The NCC aims at developing character, discipline, the spirit of adventure and ideals of selfless service amongst young citizens. Further, it aims at creating a pool of organized, trained and motivated youth with leadership qualities in all walks of life, who will serve the Nation regardless of which career they choose.
The chief training officer (CTO) of the school will train the cadets and follow-up the activities of NCC timely.
- A sense of patriotic commitment to encourage cadets to contribute to national development.
- Respect for diversities in religion, language, culture, ethnicity, life style and habitat to instill a sense of National unity and social cohesion.
- Abiding commitment to learn and adhere to the norms and values enshrined in the Indian Constitution.
- Understanding the value of a just and impartial exercise of authority.
- Ability to participate in community development and other social programme.
- A healthy life style free of substance abuse and other unhealthy practices.
- Sensitivity to the needs of poor and socially disadvantaged fellow citizens.
- Inculcating habits of restraint and self-awareness.
- Understanding the values of honesty, truthfulness, self-sacrifice, perseverance and hard work.
- Respect for knowledge, wisdom and the power of ideas.